Thursday, September 20, 2018

BEING A TOURIST IN MY HOME TOWN - GOA

As you all know by now that I grew up in beautiful Goa. This was long awaited where I planned a trip by myself and deserved a much needed break. Spoke to my friend and just booked the ticket to Goa. We didn't know where we were going to stay let alone chill. All I knew was that I was invited by a friend who gracefully allowed us to stay at his abode. But knowing that we needed a break and did not want to be confined in someone's house, we decided overnight to explore places to stay. At 2 am. Found it. Booked it. OYO at its best. Woke up in the morning, packed our bags and walked down the road in Candolim. We found an auto who "gracefully" demanded Rs.300  to drop us to our closest destination. Coco village and resort.
A village within a village. Stone’s throw away from the famous Baga beach. We got a room which had a beautiful view from the top floor. 3 days of just chilling in the beautiful shack called Zanzibar, enjoying my favorite Goan food and just breathing the freshness of the ocean. No work talks and definitely no work. It took us away from our hectic work schedule and we literally recuperated so to speak.
All I can say from this experience is that when we have the right company or the right company could just be our own mind, life's a sail and travelling is bliss.
Until I write again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment